A blog from an anti-consumerism consumer psychologist.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The rules of blogging

This morning, someone sent me the 10 commandments of blogging. I'm not sure if this was some kind of hint, but thought they were interesting enough to post on my second ever blog.

1. Listen and respond (Talk with, not talk to)

Hmmm...no one has spoken to me yet. But people, if you speak, I will listen. And maybe even respond. I'll at least consider resopnding.

2. Engage your audience (Tell your readers what you’re doing and invite them to get involved)

I thought my first blog was particularly engaging. Although from feedback I've received, it sounsd like others beg to differ.

3. Maintain the integrity of your blog (Never fake anything)

OK. I can do that. But what about deliberate omissions?

4. Demonstrate passion and authority

Well, clearly I am the authority on Amanthaville, so I think that will be fine.

5. Use lively, personal writing

See above.

6. Offer something new and unique

Amanthaville is unique and new. I'd certainly never heard of it before.

7. Stay on topic

So hows about our Socceroos? Sorry, lame joke.

8. Link often (Give credit where it’s due)

Does that mean actually create links to other sites. How do you do that?

9. Acknowledge mistakes (You’ll be making them!)

It could have been a mistake to create this blog. I only did it due to blog-envy.

10. Enjoy the conversation

Ok. That's enough for blog #2. Back to work.

10 Comments:

Blogger Hula Girl said...

Dearest Amantha, be confident with the knowledge that your Blog site will always be better than Daniel's (this should get me into trouble, but he'll never read it...). Thanks for the Blog rules. I'll rebelliously ignore them in a lame attempt to be unique.

12:16 AM

 
Blogger Hula Girl said...

Dearest Amantha, be confident with the knowledge that your Blog site will always be better than Daniel's (this should get me into trouble, but he'll never read it...). Thanks for the Blog rules. I'll rebelliously ignore them in a lame attempt to be unique.

12:16 AM

 
Blogger Hula Girl said...

darn it. my finger slipped and hence, comment was posted twice.

12:18 AM

 
Blogger Hula Girl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:18 AM

 
Blogger Hula Girl said...

#&%$!!! Happened again! Damn you Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream, damn you!!!!!

12:21 AM

 
Blogger David Conroy said...

Well it seems that only the cool kids look in here. Now that I have the rules for blogging mine is surely going to take off.
Miss you love dc

6:23 AM

 
Blogger kittykabuki said...

dearest amantha, I too started my blog out of blog envy and having run out of original material have resorted to posting amusing videos from youtube...whcih I guess contravenes your rules for original and engaging content..nevertheless, the more blogs you link to, the more people may come across your site...or not as is the case with mine...but fear not, a true blogger writes for the enjoyment of sharing, even if the only person they are sharing with, is their mother. Or their theatreports comrades.

I shall follow your rules and let you know if I experience a sudden overwhelming increase in traffic. Or sudden death. Whichever comes first.

7:17 PM

 
Blogger Daniel Dasey said...

Wow, this blog is busier than Grand Central Station! Seven comments and counting. I like that this blog and those of myself, Linda and Dave are so different!
Thanks for the blogging tips.
Just updated mine with a little entry on our theatre sports debut.

4:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Forex+trading+information Domain name registration ph blank license plate frames Format samsung harddrives Vitamin to make hair grow faster Fat black chicks xxx Pontiac gto logos http://www.brutal-blowjobs.info/amateur-lesbiens-videos.html rios swingers saunas The bull golf course Hidden lake apartments north brunswick Environmental management training clare Morganstanley mastercard Spyware doctor free copy

4:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info http://www.open-bra.info Firestone indy 500 tires Drug interactions ultracet Panasonic pv-gs250 3-ccd minidv camcorder reviews Medical malpractice lawyer in brooklyn Web page design on a virtual server Situational leadership training and developing Buy funny car

10:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home